I have decided to compile a list of things I hate, in no particular order.
- Up-selling, I mean come on RadioShack! If I’m buying a headset jack do I really need batteries or a Bluetooth headset?
- When counting coins and there are the exact amount (or more) coins than in a roll, why the need to open a new roll, come on people.
- When people assume things about others… it’s quite the nasty habit.
- Getting up early.
- Being lied to, the truth hurts but finding out you’ve been lied to tends to hurt more.
- when people assume things.
This is not an exhaustive list quite yet but I’m sure I’ll add more to it later.
In our society it is very common to be greeted with a “how are you?” This has to be one of my biggest pet-peeves. I think it has to do with the fact that 95.7% of the time when people ask me how I am that’s all they are doing is just asking, hoping I’ll respond with a “I’m good, thanks” I can’t help to think to myself though. Why do we say we are good, fine, great, or dandy instead why don’t we tell the truth. Now, maybe the truth is you are fine but i suppose maybe it’s my want for more information that makes me wonder WHY are you fine, WHAT makes you good. I often try to refrain from using the phrase how are you for this very reason.
So How are you?